Update

Admittedly, I am not the world's best blogger. I put off blogging until "tomorrow", only I don't exactly mean literally tomorrow. In my defense, the past 2 months have been very busy here at BLT central. My oldest 2 children both had birthdays, I've been preparing my garden for the summer crops, Easter happened (my 2nd busiest time of year) and my husband and I went on vacation together for the first time in nearly a decade.

Excuses aside, here is what I have to report - the garden is flourishing! Tomatoes are my main crop, followed by peppers, then peas, zucchini, cucumbers, and basil. 

For tomatoes, I'm growing:

- Yellow pear (one of my favorites)
- Cherry
- Black cherry
- Amish paste
- San Marzano
- Brandywine
- Yellow boy

I think that is it.

I planted them outside on April 14th, just a wee early. 


By May 5th, they were a little bigger and I put up the first line of the trellis.


I left for vacation on the 11th and returned the 17th. This is what I came home to!


Yellow pear, almost 3' tall already.


First jalapenos!

First tomato!


I look forward to posting lots of recipes in the very near future.

Do you have any suggestions for tomato varieties for me to try next year?




No comments:

Post a Comment