A Walk to Remember

*This post mentions pregnancy and infant loss.*

I've spent the last couple of weeks reflecting on the past. A friend of mine posted on Facebook about a group called A Walk to Remember. They needed blankets for their care packages, and I knew that I wanted to help. 

This particular group is based out of Colorado, and supports the Front Range and High Country communities. They deliver care packages to hospitals for newly bereaved parents. A typical care package includes a journal, a grief book, blanket, and a small teddy bear among other things.

I've been blessed to be a part of online communities where I've gotten to know so many amazing people. So in creating blankets for this project, I started to think about the babies who've touched my heart. The parents who shared their joy and their grief with us - some of us practical strangers on the other end of a computer.

I wrote to these parents, and asked their permission to include their child's name in this post. Some people are at different stages in their journey, and I didn't want to cause anyone pain needlessly.

The anniversary of my own loss is coming up in a couple of weeks. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of her. My loss in 2005 changed who I was. 

So for my sisters and brothers in this club, I remember. I remember your babies. Their names are in my prayers, and etched forever in the hearts of those who love them, and love you.

I remember Renee.


I remember Nicky.


I remember Delaney.


I remember Henry.


I remember Persephone.


I remember Lucy.


I remember Katelynne.


I remember Alex.


I remember Liam.


I remember Riley.


I remember Archer.


I remember Baby B.


And I remember my Anna.



Want to get involved? 

You can sponsor a care package in part or in whole here.

You can also donate items for care packages (like hats, blankets, etc.) by emailing bereavementcarepackages@walktoremember.org

Also be sure to stop by Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. They are a fantastic organization that provides remembrance photography for free to parents suffering the loss of a baby.

"There is no footprint too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."













3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Gail, thank you for honoring Henry and all of the others, I remember so many of their births like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail. I am sobbing. Thank you so much for making these blankets for Walk to Remember. Their events help me a lot; I treasure the blanket I got in Riley's package. Thank you for remembering my sweet Liam, Riley, Baby B and Archer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. That I had had a friend like you in the loss of my precious son, Issac, at his still birth when I was 38 weeks along. God bless you for what you do.
    ~Heather
    The Welcoming House Blog

    ReplyDelete